Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Friday, day 2, started just like Thursday. I was up at 7, enjoyed my hot shower and we were headed out by 10. The high today was forcast at 61! Notice we aren't wearing our heavy coats or anything...just light weight coats!

We stopped by Starbucks and then Stefanie, Monica and I got our In the Heights tickets and we were off. We walked up to Rockefeller Center. We had sorta passed by some of the area the day before in our wanderings, but we hadn't stopped to see anything. On our way we passed the Cartier store where Monica drooled over the window pictures! My first glimpse of Rockefeller Center was the Radio City Music Hall. We also passed Good Morning America. We could kinda see in the window and see that they were interviewing someone, but we couldn't tell who. We stood there for a bit trying to figure out who it was and then we went to the skating rink. I was most intrigued with the number of flags! They were everywhere! If I had had more time I probably would have played with pictures of them....but I didn't so there are only a few pictures with them!





















After spending some time at the skating rink we went over to the NBC store and looked around in there. I found some Monk, Psych, and House stuff that looked like they might make good gifts for people -- but it was too early in the trip to buy those.
As we headed to our next destination it we decided we could be a Starbucks add:









Our next stop was St. Patrick's Cathedral. Daron, Stefanie, and Monica had been talking about it and insisting that we go here...and now I know why! Here are some of the pictures I took:





















Finally we headed to our next destination: Tiffany & Co. I had requested that we go here early so that I could look around and make an informed decision on what I wanted instead of impulse buying! On our way we saw some high fashion stores and the Trump Tower. I also saw an NBA store and thought of one of my students:
So, we got to Tiffany & Co and headed up to the 3rd floor where the Sterling Silver is. I started looking. Two necklaces caught my eye in my first walk around so I walked again. I stopped and looked at the first one - an amethyst and silver necklace and bracelet set. It was pretty - but the necklace alone was $300 and I already have 2 amethyst necklaces that get minimal wear. So I decided to go look at the silver cross that I had seen. I got over to the counter it was in and suddenly another necklace caught my eye. It was a shorter silver chain with two circles that were connected. I thought they kinda looked like two wedding rings together so I dismissed it. Then I decided to put it on and see what I thought. Oh, I fell in love with it! Then, as I was getting ready to buy it (remember how I wasn't going to impulse buy?!) I saw a pair of earrings. I looked at them and decided to get them too! So much for not impulse buying! I have worn the earrings every day since I bought them and the necklace all buy 2! I seriously love my jewelry!!! Here are some pics of my Tiffany's bag. To see the jewelry you'll have to look in pictures the rest of the week! :)
When we left Tiffany's we headed back to the hotel to change and head to dinner. When we went back, Daron and Stefanie went to stand in the TKTS line so that Daron could get tickets to a different show. She saw In the Heights when it was still off-Broadway!
It was Restaurant Week which meant that several of the restaurants had a set menu for $35. We ate at AJ Maxwell's - the #6 Steakhouse in the US for $35/person! I had a salad, a filet mignon, and bread pudding. It was AMAZING!
Then we split up. Daron went to meet her friend Tim and they went to see 39 Steps while Monica, Stefanie and I went to see In The Heights. We had 3rd row seats....that's right -- THIRD ROW (and in 1, 2, 3!) WOW!!! We could see their sweat...we could see where their mics were, we could see every facial expression! It was great! This show was the reason we started planning the trip and it was fantastic! Lin Manuel Miranda (who originated the lead) left the show 2 weeks before we came. We saw Javier Munoz and he was great. We also saw the understudy for Nina and Janet Ducal (who is usually Carla) was Vanessa. All I have to say is -- if it's that good with understudys and such, imagine if we'd seen the originating cast! WOW! After the show we had to wait for Daron and Tim and in the meantime got some pics of the cast as they came out....however those are on Stefanie's camera so I will have to add them later!
So, we met up with Tim and Daron and decided to go to Serendipity. This place is famous b/c it's in some movie (I seem to have missed that one) and because it has a sundae that has real gold flakes on it. We did not, however, have this dessert as it costs $1,000! We did, however, have a good time laughing while Daron and Monica had frozen hot chocolate, Stefanie had a chocolate cake, and I had strawberries and creame! We then went back to the hotel and crashed. Day 2 was a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment