Saturday, July 23, 2011

Burleson Wedding Shower

Two weeks ago Jennifer, Kathryn and Kelly threw me a Bridal Shower at Jennifer's house in Burleson. They did a purple, black and white theme, even the cupcakes were purple and black!



Here I am with two of the three hostesses (Kelly woke up sick Saturday morning and was unable to attend)



(Kathryn, me, Jennifer, Hannah)


There were about 10 people there and we had lots of fun playing games, eating, and opening gifts.


(Val, Sherrilan, Mom, Angie, Sheila, Kris, and Jenna -- Amanda, Allison, Jennifer, and Kathryn stayed out of the camera's way!)


After playing a purse game and a 'How Well Do You Know the Bride' game it was time to open presents!!


My mom gave both Amy and Allison their first place setting of dishes...and she kept up the tradition with me!



Allison got us some tupperware.



Sheila gave us a picture frame (perfect for a Bridal Portrait -- which are done and are amazing!)




and some sheets!




Sherrilan gave us salt and pepper shakers and...



canisters. Allison suggested (well, teased) that they would be perfect for dog treats!



Angie gave us the essentials for a 'date night' - popcorn, ice cream scoop, coke glasses, and candy!




We were given 2 sets of these dishes (one from Kris and Jenna and one from the Huffman's) and are now please to say, we will have something to eat off of! :)




Val gave us this very cute basket with kitchen gadgets and the tea kettle! I was super excited about the tea kettle! (Alan says he'll be super excited over the ice cream maker and/or the coffee machine!)



Kathryn gave us these sweet wall hangings and a husband/wife Willow Tree Angel. I am so excited about decorating with them!



Jennifer and John provided us with silverware (to eat off of our lovely dishes with...) and





some pans...then told me that since I had these things they would be coming to dinner....here's hoping I learn how to cook before then! ;)


It was such a fun day and I was thrilled to get to see some friends I haven't been able to see in a while. I am so thankful and so excited to get to use the items we were given and to remember who gave them to us as we use them!


In parting...I was given one of these thingys...I think it's a dish rag -- but I'm a little unsure of what to do with it...


Jennifer, however, seems to have a handle on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment