Saturday, March 21, 2009

The rest of NYC

Ok, so I know it's been weeks since we were there, but I thought I'd finish up the trip! On Saturday Daron and I got up and went down to the TXTS booth to get matinee tickets for Guys and Dolls. It was about 34 degrees and VERY cold! We stood in line for a while and finally got our tickets.











Then we hopped on a train and went in search of a bookstore. It was supposed to have MILES of books. To be honest, I'm not sure where it was, but when we finally found it - it did have TONS AND TONS of books. I actually bought 2! Then we grabbed lunch at a burger place (can't remember the name and didn't take a pic) and headed back to the Theater District. Daron and I went to see Guys and Dolls while Stef and Monica went to the Museum. Afterwards we all met up and went to dinner at a chinese restaurant. It was really good! Then we went to see Billy Elliot. It was an amazing show! After the show we saw Chris Jackson - that plays Benny and had our picture taken with him (I'll have to find that in Stef's pics and put it up...). Then we went back to the hotel and changed, got our cameras and went out to take picutres of the marquee signs of the theaters. Here are some pictures of us when we went to change and of the marquees...






























On Sunday morning we were going to get up and go to the Today Show, but it was like 18 degrees so we slept in some. Then we got up, got ready, stored our bags for the day and headed out to shop! We went back up to the NBC store, back to Tiffanys, and then to the souvenier stores in the area. Then we got our luggage, put ourselves in a taxi and headed back to the airport where we hopped on a plane and came home.
Monica's car had acted up on the way to the airport so Daron had her brother come get her and I had David come and get me. Monica and Stefanie took Monica's car and made it almost all the way home before having to call their dad to come help! On Monday I wore my new shirt from in the Heights very proudly and carried one of my many new purses! I had a GREAT time on this trip and am thankful to Monica and Stefanie for inviting me!
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment