Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ireland Trip #2 -- post a

So, I'm back from Ireland...again. This time was just as amazing, but a completely different trip! I went over this time to work at Christian Camp of the Arts. It's a one week day camp that is completely focused on teaching kids in Galway all about Jesus (kinda like a VBS, but all day). I had wanted to go back and help pretty much since I had learned about it when we were there in March. In fact, a few times I sat down to write an email to Christen (who was in charge of the drama team) to see if they needed any help. However, every time I tried to write it, God told me not to send it. So, I didn't. About a month later Christen emailed me and asked if I would be interested in coming and teaching a dance class at the camp!!! She said I would have to come for 2 weeks so I could learn the dances one week and then be there the week of camp. Of course I said, "I'D LOVE TO COME!"

The interesting thing about it is that from the time I said I'd come to the day I left was about 2 weeks! God helped me throw the trip together in record time! He also allowed me much favor! See, I am in HMS Pinafore at Irving Community Theater (we open next weekend!). We had been in rehearsals for a week before I decided to go. When I decided to go I had to tell the directors about the trip and I was worried! But they left me in the show!!! They allowed me to go for 2 1/2 weeks and stay in the show! They pulled back the one night off the cast was to have specifically to put me into my places, etc. The cast was great about it! No one ever complained or anything. It was great! :)

I've been back a few days now and have spent lots of time thinking over the last 3 weeks. It's been a whirlwind of activity - but it's been so great! I'm glad to be home, but miss my friends over there. I can't wait to go back again! I need to get off the computer for now and go get cleaned up (we've got family stuff going on) so I will be more specific about the things that happened on my trip later. Just wanted to put out a teaser to keep ya coming back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment