Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sherman or bust....

SO....I'm moving to Sherman.

I got a job in the Deaf Ed dept as an itinerant teacher. I know I'll have HS ELA and something else, but that's all I'm for sure of right now!

My original plan was to try to move this weekend. In case you weren't aware, original plans rarely work! As I looked for a place to live, I struggled to find something I liked. Finally I found the Villas of Parkhaven. They had a large one-room apt for 'the right price'. Unfortunately, they didn't have any available. So, I waited a few days and pondered what to do. Then on Mon I took mom up to look with me. She liked them so much, she agreed waiting would be best. Then they offered me a 'Corporate Apartment'. (Translation - fully furnished) They let me have it at discounted price until the next one room came available at the beginning of Sept. Unfortunately (again) it was a small (606 sq feet) apt. I decided I liked the place enough, I could do that so I signed and payed. So now the plan was: move to corporate on Sun and stay through the 4th. Then move to new, little apt for the rest of the year.

Today I got a call from the apts. They have a LARGE one room that will be vacant by the 28th! New plan: live in corporate apt starting Sun, but only until the 28th! Then move to new LARGE (711 sq feet) apt! I'm a happy girl! Until I look around the house I'm in now...and then I wonder what I'm doing on the computer at all!!!

You can see the new apt floor plan here: villasofparkhaven.com I'll be in the Radison!

No comments:

Post a Comment