Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ireland Trip

Well folks...I'm home! What a fantastic trip! For two weeks I worked in the office getting props and other things together for the kids camp drama team. In the evenings I rehearsed with the drama team and then would go to dinner with Alan.

The third week I was there was kids camp. We had 230ish kids ranging between 5 and 12 years old. The girls learned dances, did arts and crafts, and learned to draw. The boys learned survival skills, played soccer, and made bows and arrows. Both boys and girls had a sports section of the day and attended the Children's Church show. I had a group of seven 7-year-old boys. They were really great!

As soon as camp ended Friday, Alan and I headed to Carlow (south Ireland) and spent a few days with Alan's aunt and uncle. On Saturday we literally did nothing...and it was wonderful! Sunday we went to church and I met some of Alan's cousins. We also watched the World Cup. Monday Alan had to work so I stayed he left Sunday after the match and I stayed. Jimmy, Collette and I went to lunch in Carlow and then I wondered around the shops. Then we went to Athlone and met up with Alan.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I slept late and went into Galway city. I learned to take the bus from Yasmin's house to town and back. Tuesday and and Thursday I shopped. Wednesday I visited a coffee shop called An Tobar Nua. It's a Christian ministry/coffee shop/cafe. I spent several hours there online and reading.

Yesterday I flew home and now I'm at Gram and Papa's! Amy, Paul, their boys, Allison, Thomas, me, and mom and dad are all here! Loads of fun! :)

*pictures to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment