Saturday, October 9, 2010

State Fair of Texas

Last Sunday was an interesting day to say the least. I will blog it in 2 posts, because the first hald of the story is super happy -- but the second was more...um....tense? stressful?
So...Sunday morning me, Alan, Mom, Allison, and Thomas all loaded up and headed to the State Fair of Texas. We had 3 free tickets and wanted Alan to get to see it. We made good time on our drive, until we got to the Fairgrounds...then we sat in traffic for a good 30-45 minutes. Eventually Allison drove my car to parking while Alan, Thomas, and I went on into the park. We stopped on the way in to take these really cute pics of Thomas.
You can see the excitement oozing out of him, can't you?!
Then we headed over to see Big Tex. We had some random guy take a picture of the 3 of us, but after this one, he was done.
So I took a pic of just Alan with Big Tex.
(One of my friends has commented that his legs look really long!)
Then it was my turn....
While we were taking pictures Big Tex kept randomly talking about things coming up, some people who won the Wheel of Fortune, and other stuff. While taking my pic he started talking again and it startled Thomas so we decided to be done for a bit. We walked away and called Allison to see where they were. Then we ran into my co-worker Kristi and her crew (her, her husband, her mom, her 3 kids and her 2 German exchange kids...whew!). Then mom and Allison joined us so we got one last picture with Big Tex.
Then we headed over to the ginormous Ferris Wheel. The line was thankfully rather short so we didn't stand in it for long. While we did, I remembered to take pictures (I'm feeling like such a blogger success - now if only I could get things posted in a timely manner!)
Thomas and Alan waiting in line
Looking straight up
a side shot
Thomas was actually a bit unsure of the Ferris Wheel until we saw that we would be in a BLUE car! Then it was all ok!
We got to go around 2 times. Once slowly and once more quickly. It was a beautiful day and the view was great!
After this my camera died so I will have to get mom's pics at some point. We finished up the Ferris Wheel and then we went to have Corny Dogs. Allison, of course, opted for a hamburger instead...and I must admit - it looked might tasty! Then Alan and I had fried food (I mean, what a trip to the Fair without it?!) He had a Fried Snickers and I had a Fried Peanut Butter Cup Macroon. Oh my word....it was SOOOOO good! SOOO worth it!
We knew we were running out of time, but we wanted to ride the big slide with Thomas so we hurried over and did that before we left. Thomas loved it until about 1/2 way down. I'm pretty sure he was happy to be off! Mom has a fantastic pic of it that I'll have to post sometime! Then, we hugged Mom, Allison, and Thomas goodbye and left to head to the airport. For just 2 short hours we had loads of fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment