Saturday, October 2, 2010

Trip to New Braunfels

Yesterday morning we got up and took T to school. We ended up being about an hour late, but meh, stuff happens! We hit the road to New Braunfels and enjoyed good converstation and just being together! We arrived at my Grandma's assisted living home about 3 and bounded right on in. She was playing Phase 10 with some other residents and was thoroughly surprised by my visit! I walked in and introduced myself to her friends and then we went back to her apartment where she got to Alan. My Grandma has Alzheimer's so I think she was a bit confused by who he was, but we had a great chat! She knew he was from Ireland so we talked alot about that and about how school was for me. My Aunt Sharon and Uncle Craig came up after a bit and we stayed there for a good hour or so. Then me, Alan, Aunt Sharon, and Uncle Craig left and showed Alan around New Braunfels. After a good drive around we went to dinner at the Gristmill in Gruene, Tx. I love this restaurant! It was such a lovely day that we decided to sit outside! We enjoyed just sitting out and talking. I enjoyed getting to watch my aunt and uncle get to know Alan. We even remembered pictures!

This one was taken when we first sat down...so pretty behind us! But the sun was setting into Aunt Sharon and Uncle Craig's eyes so we switched tables.

This one was taken at the end of the meal, from out other seats.

Aunt Sharon and Uncle Craig

After dinner we went back to Sharon and Craig's. Alan and I went swimming for a bit, but it was pretty cold (especially for me) so we got out and just sat around talking. Just before we got in the pool we heard these two little splashes. Frog's in the pool! We stayed up talking till about 10 and then we all went to bed!

This morning we went to breakfast with Grandma. We went to a little restaurant in town called Frizenhause. I tried to convince Alan to buy some Lederhosen, but that was pretty unsuccessful (and they were pretty expensive!). After we finished eating we walked around a Farmer's Market close by. We bought peaches, cucumbers, and some treats for Mercy.

We then dropped Grandma back to her apartment. I decided we should take a few pics to commemorate the trip. I handed my camera to Aunt Sharon who said, "alright you 3, up against the wall!"
This is what she got:


After a bit of giggling we were able to get a 'for real' picture of Grandma, me, and Alan

Then, in keeping with our attempts for 'non-hugging' pictures, we took this one...I think we look more deformed than anything, but there ya go!


Finally, I decded we should have a pic of all of us, so a very nice woman who works at the place took this one. I LOVE the look on my Grandma's face. For the life of me I have no idea what we were laughing at...but I love it!


After picture taking and goodbye-ing we went back out to Aunt Sharon and Uncle Craig's to pack up. While Uncle Craig made some yummy salsa, Aunt Sharon, Alan, and I got to fish froggies out of the pool. One got away, sneaky little thing, but the other was captured, bagged, and ready to be thrown into water elsewhere! Here are some photo's of our frog-capades. What's (luckily) not captured on camera is my sweet boyfriend chasing me with the little froggie...
The one that got away...
This little guy got caught!
Look Mom!! Kermit!!!!
and just as we left....a picture of the Boyfriend...I love this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment