Monday, January 10, 2011

Engaged!

On Tuesday, December 21st I had to work in the morning. I sat in my 'office' at the admin building counting down the minutes until I could leave. My boyfriend was at my parents along with my older sister and her family. We were all going to go see ICE! at the Gaylord Texan.

When I got to Mom's I actually asked if I could lay down and nap with Amy's boys, but was quickly informed this was not going to happen. There was a mad scramble for camera's and this and that and finally we left. We got there and then at about 2:50 we were let in with 200 of our closet friends we'd never met. I must admit as we stood in a VERY long line, I did complain to Alan about the cost of the tickets and what else I could have done with them! I think I made him nervous!

So we get in and it was really cool! This year's theme was Charlie Brown Christmas. (I'll post pics in a minute from that.)

People have asked if I knew anything was up. I admit that I noticed Alan was being weird with his gloves and that I had thought of the possibility. But earlier that morning, as I sat in the office I thought about the whole week. I didn't think he'd propose in front of my whole family and so I couldn't figure out when he would do it. So, I dismissed the idea of it happening here and decided he must be planning something in Ireland.

So, when we got to the end, the Nativity all in ice, and my sister said, "You're turn for a picture!" my initial thought was, "another one?!". So I turn toward Alan and prepare myself for a picture. This is when I notice the little box in his hand. Please note the look on my face that says, "NO way!" On the video (which is on my facebook profile) you can actually read my lips as I say, "SHUT UP!"


So, he pulls the box out and I realize what's happening...


I say, "SHUT UP!" because he totaly fooled me and then start to take off my gloves...


He got down on one knee and asked if I'd marry him...


I said YES! and kissed him...


It was super cold in there so there was a bit of work for cold fingers to get the ring out of the box and on my hand...

Then there was some more kissing...

and picture taking (I love that he's looking at the ring in this one!)

Somewhere along the way my sister pulled the hood off of my head so you'd know it's really me!

People actually stopped for the whole thing...then cheered and applauded for us! Then as we were taking pictures here, and out of the exhibit, people would chase up down and ask if I said yes and if they could see the ring!


In matching ICE! sweathshirts in front of a Gaylord Texan sign.

in matching sweatshirts in a sleigh...

The ring

The center stone is probably a 1/2 carate (I'm actually unsure!) There are 4 little stones on either side that create a square baquette, and then on either side in the band...It's currently in Ireland being remade b/c it was 4 sizes too big and can't be sized. I should have it back by the end of the month.
My sister took this because she was amused at the difference in when she got engaged and now! We spent at least an hour on our phones responding to Facebook and text messages! My phone was sooo inundated with messages I had to restart it several times!
So folks...I'm engaged!! I'm so excited that I get to marry my best friend! I get to marry a Godly man who loves me very much! Thanks sweetie for the best Christmas present ever! :)

1 comment: