Monday, January 10, 2011

Ireland - New Year's 2011

On the 27th of December, my new fiance (I never get tired of saying/typing that!) and I flew to Ireland. We landed in Dublin at 7ish am. His uncle picked us up and took us back to his house for tea. Then we headed to Carlow to see the rest of the family. When we arrived in Carlow I meet Alan's brother, Joe and his family. I also visited with his dad some. Then we went to Collette and Jimmy's where we would be staying. While I was there Collette took me out to ride Bob the Cob with her. Turns out, I'm not too bad! Some pics will be below. We also went to his cousin Lena's house, along with the rest of the family, for an after-Christmas party. They bought an engagement cake at the last minute and we had an impromptu engagement party too! It was very sweet of them! Then we relaxed and spent time with family until Sunday. We got up and drove to church in Galway, had lunch, then drove back for one more day. One Monday we drove back to Galway so Alan could work. On Tuesday I went into town and had lunch with my fab friend Lucia. Then Christine picked me up and took me to prayer at the church. After prayer a bunch of us went to Java's to celebrate our engagement.

I am truly thankful for my friends in Ireland! Then, Wednesday morning, I boarded a plane (after many tears) and returned home. When I landed, Mom and I got my suitcase and went to the Hyatt to see about having the wedding there. Since then, seems I've been in non-stop planning mode! More to come as things are set! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment