Friday, January 28, 2011

What's new?

So, since I got back from Ireland:

*It's been back to the Skype routine with Alan. Skype is truly wonderful! Without it I wouldn't get to see or talk to my wonderful fiance! However, truthfully...I'm ready to be done with it!

*It's been back to work. I got back on a Wednesday afternoon and returned to work Thursday morning. I worked as an itinerant teacher for 1 week and then found out I'd be moving to the elementary school till the end of the year. I am now the Elementary Deaf Education teacher at Crutchfield Elementary in Sherman. It's been a challenge and a change, but I do enjoy the kids and the benefits to my diet! (No more 1 hour lunch outings!) My boss has been extremely helpful to me and I appreciate her alot!

*It's been back to reality...which includes wedding planning galore (on the weekends)! The first weekend we scoped out places and wedding dresses. To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. Do you KNOW how much this stuff costs?! I also talked to bakeries, florists, more places, etc, etc. This weekend I'm looking at photographers.

*It's been back to decision making. We set a wedding date....then changed it. We originally wanted to get married on July 23, however, as we got into getting things together for the K-1 Visa we decided it would be wise to move the date...so we did. However, in moving it, we picked (and put a deposit) on a place! We will be getting married on September 17, 2011 at 3 pm in the Chapel at Prestonwood Baptist Church, Plano! I cannot wait to marry Alan and spend my life with him!

*It's been back to church in Sherman. I got to lead praise and worship at church this last Wednesday. It was a new and different experience. I've sung lead on songs before, but never led...like where you give the cues to musicians and such. Wow! It was a good experience...learning curve...and fantastic worship! :)

*It's been back to sleeeeping...well, on the weekends, sorta. What I really mean is it's back to sleep-overs with a special 5 year old. That's right, Thomas LOVES spending the night with me at Gram's house -- and I rather enjoying it too! In fact, when I finish typing this, it'll be time to talk to the Fiance on Skype, then pack a bag and head down for my weekly sleepover.

It's been busy, it's been stressful, it's been rough....but it's been wonderful! I can honestly say I love my life...and I love the God who's given it to me!

Psalm 118:24 (These) is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in (them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment