Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Travels

Let me just preface this with: There are no pictures....

This weekend I came home after school on Friday and chatted with the Fiance for a bit, knowing it would be a busy weekend and we may not get to talk alot. Then I packed up and went to Gram's house. Thomas and I had a fun sleepover (though it was thankfully less eventful than the last). He woke up at 6:30 on Saturday morning ready to play! I kept him in the room until 8 and then we made little sausage biscuits. We got to spend the morning being lazy instead of wedding planning!

I went to lunch with Philip and Jey at noon. We went to an Indian Buffet called Our Place. It was yummy! Then I met mom for 2 photography appointments (one was at Starbucks...good choice!). Then I got to go to Fort Worth!!!

This was my first trip to Fort Worth in quite a while...and it was more than a drive in, go to bed, get up and leave kind of trip! I got there about 5 and hung out with Val and Ron till I went to bed. Felicia and Isaiah came to visit. He's sooo big now! Isaiah ended up spending the night and going to Brownwood with me to give his mommy a rest as she'd had some recent health issues. Isaiah is the opposite of Thomas! He stayed up till almost midnight and I had to wake him to leave!

Sunday morning I got me and Isaiah ready, and we were only 10 minutes late leaving! We drove to Brownwood (about halfway there Isaiah said, "Where are we going?!"). I got there just in time for church at Victory Life in Brownwood. I dropped Isaiah to the nursery and then met Mark and Reagan in the foyer. They had my engagement ring - the entire purpose for the trip! I was so excited to see them...and my ring! It fits perfectly now! :)

We went in to church, heard a great message, and then went to Underwoods for lunch. YUMMY! Isaiah and I shared sausage (his choice, not mine), mashed potatoes and potatoe salad. Then we got to go to some friend's house. They had ducks and dogs and parrots that really talked. This was great fun for Isaiah!

We loaded up, grabbed cookies and coffee (and talked to Liza) and then headed back.

Felicia picked up Isaiah and then I headed for mom's. I watched the end of Home Make-Over and then drove home where I crashed into bed!

Today - my arms are sore from driving so much -- but my hand has my ring, and my heart is happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment