Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby it's cold outside....

If you live in Texas, you are quite aware of the weather...but if by some chance you didn't know:

Last week we were out of school for 4 (yes FOUR) days because of snow and ice. This week we were out today and will be out tomorrow. I think most of us have our fingers crossed that we get to go on Friday! (Keep in mind, Sherman was out a day in January too because of snow.)

What have I done with these mini vacations? Well, I was completely lazy the day in January. I think I spent most of it online looking at wedding type things. Last week I cleaned, watched episodes of various TV shows on hulu, hung my crosses and spoon cabinets, cleaned some more, drug my poor dog thru the snow, cleaned some more, and - of course - surfed Facebook endlessly. Today I chatted on Facebook and graded papers. Tomorrow...who knows!

Here are some pics from the snow days:

The corner of 75 and 56 on 1-11-2011

The field in front of Sherman High School 1-10-2011

Looking off my balcony 2-1-2011

Mercy on the balcony...see her little paw prints?! 2-1-2011

My car covered in snow (I later learned this was the worst possible parking place as its shaded almost all day - therefore, the snow/ice never melted!) 2-4-2011

The big tree across from my apartment 2-4-2011

The 'hole' left by another car 2-4-2011
The backside of my building 2-4-2011
I finally took Mercy out in the snow. She has on 2 sweaters!
She was interested at first, but then...
she got cold and decided she was NOT impressed with the snow.
Pretty snow! (It really looked like this most of the day! 2-4-2011
This is, sadly, how I entertained myself much of my 4 days stuck inside.
This is how Mercy entertained herself much of the time we were inside. (Please know, we did play with some of her toys and chew sticks too...but most of the time, she slept.)
This is where Gracie spent most of the 4 days. Typically her head was down and she was asleep!
looking down the staircase at the back of my building. My stairs are in the front and never get snow or ice. I'm quite thankful for this...but the back ones are always covered, which is pretty... 2-9-2011
The view out back 2-9-2011
Footsteps on the balcony 2-9-2011
My girls...this is as close as they get to each other...and they basically refuse to acknowledge the other. Sisters?

No comments:

Post a Comment