Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wedding Planning

I just want you to know, wedding planning is FUN! (and stressful!)

I have recently tied up some loose ends and in case you didn't know -- checking things off a 'to do' list is much fun!

Last week Mom and I went to check out 2 places for bridal portraits - the first was a fantastic venue! The McKinney Cotton Mill is amazing -- for fall and spring! It isn't air conditioned at all! We took a very warm tour of the place and loved it! I can see it being a venue for a later shoot -- just not my portraits! The other place we looked at was Thistle Hill. It's a historic home in Fort Worth. Lovely. This place is the winner as it is FULLY air conditioned!

I (finally) got jewelry and a hairpiece to go with my dress -- and both were at awesome prices!

Mom got her dress for the wedding! We had planned a whole day for this, but took care of it in 2 stops!

We planned out the program and picked paper so all we have to do is have it printed (and then assemble it...)

We got invitations for the rehearsal dinner. We literally walked in and I said, "Oh look - this is what I was thinking...Oh wow! It's only $10!" and bought them!

I now have all of the music I need for the wedding and can give it to the appropriate people. :)

Rings have been ordered...dress is at mom's...portraits are being planned...2 showers coming up...yep - things are rolling along!

In the next few weeks I will be visiting receptions at Prestonwood to see if the set up that I've created will work.

We still need to find cheap material or sheer curtains to go on the tables at the reception, we need to have the portraits done. I need to get a garter. There's a lot of little things left to be done.

But I feel very good that we've taken care of so much!

So good, that I'm taking a quick week long trip to Ireland at the beginning of august! I'm so excited to see alan and his family! :)

(The a button is broken on my computer - hence, little a's)

Thats all...perhaps after the wedding I'll return to 'good blogging'....perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment