Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blog Stalking

Disclaimer:  This is a bit rambly........I'm not sure the points I make flow well -- but I hope something makes sense! 

I'm a stalker.  I stalk blogs. (If you don't want to read this due to its rambly nature - choose a blog in my 'follow' list and stalk it....) I do not stalk them to be weird, I promise.  I stalk them b/c I am constantly amazed at how others handle situations!  (And a few b/c the babies are toooo cute!)

One of the ones I stalk is one of my mom's friend's daughters. (Did you follow that?!)  She gave birth to twins and one of them died that day.  Her faith is amazing.  Her insight is astounding.

Another one is a family who is adopting.  She posts her true feelings about the adoption process, but also shows how God works in her through all of it.  Amazing.

Another is a family whose youngest daughter has had cancer.  She is a kindergartener.  She has fought all year.  There have been high highs and low lows, but they have praised God and turned to him all along the way.

Why do I write about this?  I was just sitting here thinking about being content in the situations we are in.  I life isn't like this! 

There will always be unexpected bills, unexpected events; unexpected joys, unexpected pains.  Are we truly content and able to praise God?  Once in Sunday School in Fort Worth we talked about this.  I joked that it can be hard...you have a wreck and still are to praise. I remember saying, "What?  You say, 'Praise God I can get a new car?!'"  Wouldn't you know a week later I had a fender bender and chose to say, "Praise God it wasn't a full on, total-your-car kind of wreck!" (I also was able to bless an older guy who looked as though he was about to have a heart attack by walking away...)

You know - God is good and if we let Him teach us and we let Him work in us, He WILL!  He will take that thing - you know, the one you hate most - and work it out of you.....and you will find joy and peace and contentment!

So what am I allowing God to work on?  I'm letting Him work out several things in me.  What does it look like?  It starts with, "Lord help me today.  Work this out in your way, in your time.  Give me opportunities to practice it your way."  Then I mess up, tell him I'm sorry and ask him to give me another chance.  (It doesn't always follow this pattern word for word - but it is the underlying theme if you will...)  And you know, he always lets me try again.  I count it a victory that I recognize the tone of voice that others have said I use, but I never heard.  I recognize it and can ask forgiveness for using it.  I don't always catch it in time to not use it - but I hear it now.  I am learning to be thankful for little things - and I'm letting God work. 

Contentment.  Praising Him.  In every situation. 

Successful every time?  No.

Learning more and more?  YES. 

Isn't God good?

1 comment:

  1. Not at all rambly...and perfectly what I needed to hear! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete