Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In our little world...

What's been going on in this bad bloggers world?

1. Work - We are both working now -- and different schedules.  I work daily from 8-4.  Alan work 2 days from 8-5, 2 days from 12-9, then on Friday he either works from 8-12 or 8-5 (it rotates every other Friday) and every other Saturday he works from 8-12 (if he works a full Friday, he works Saturday).  It's gotten very interesting keeping us fed and clean and the house clean and such....just another learning experience!

2.  Church - we love our church!  We are both on the praise team.  I sign back-up on Sunday and lead on Wednesday.  Alan plays his accordian.  I love that we do this together!  Our church is looking for a pastor and while it's a difficult process, it's a growing and learning time.  I also have taken on the ladies ministry and I am 'planning' the Mother's Day meeting.  I use planning lightly as my sweet friend has done much more work than I have at this point!

3. Life - We love just living life!  And together.  Don't get me wrong - we disagree and get huffy and say stupid stuff....but life is so much better together!  In April we celebrated the wedding of Mark and Reagan, me and my sister's 33rd birthday, Marnie and Bobby's wedding, house/horse sat, and I did the SPCA walk with Mercy and my friend Donna.  This week we joined a gym and I see Zumba in my future!  We are looking at moving into a smaller house in the summer to save us a bit of money.  I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof, but due to an amazing conflict (seeing Idena Menzel with my sweet KD), I was not cast.  I am 19 days away from the end of the school year, but will be working some this summer and will be attending some workshops.  I also will be taking a new certification test - Generalist 4-8 (heaven help me!).  Around that I hope to audition for Sara, Plain and Tall at the children's theater here in town.  Alan is hoping to do some cycling classes at the gym as well as train for some 5ks.  He is looking forward to celebrating his (you can guess his age now) birthday.  We are looking at some party options as well as gifting options.  He is enjoying working, but still hoping to find an accountancy postion soon.  He is looking forward to getting a TXDL soon too.  We haven't heard anything from USCIS in a while, but are hoping to this month.  I have heard from a friend that they are horribly backed up and moving slowly.  We will see.  (COME ON GREEN CARD!!!)

SO - that's what's up in our world. (yes - i know -- i'm a bad blogger....not a single picture...sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment