Friday, October 1, 2010

Alan's Week in Texas

So...it's been a busy week. I know, your shocked I pulled him from place to place, right?! Well, don't be! So Sunday we hung out at mom and dad's for a good bit of time. Then we headed up to get him settled in my new apartment. Can I just say, it's wonderful to have him sitting next to me in the car?!

Monday morning we went to the vet and dropped Mercy off to get fixed. I was a bit of a basket case, which kinda made Alan laugh. Then he went to work with me. He got to ride around and see what I do (sorta). After school we visited Mercy. They asked if I was her mother and I really thought he might laugh out loud! Then we hopped in the car (typically referred to as the Conversation Capsule) and headed down to Burleson to see Jennifer and John Huffman and crew. It was fun to just hang out a bit. We decided to leave their house around 9:30, which really would have put us back in Sherman at a reasonable hour, except I forgot my purse so we had to drive back and get it which made us get home at a not so reasonable hour!

Tuesday Alan came to work with me again. When I finished at my first school of the day we had a bit of downtime so we went and got him a SIM card so he could text/call me when we weren't together. We then went to Panera for lunch with 2 of my co-workers. I think he was a bit overwhelmed by our girly chatter! That afternoon, after work, we went to Mom and Dad's again to see Thomas play T-ball. Then we all ate dinner together.

Wednesday we worked (he went to IHOP while I was at the my first stop of the day) and then we had dinner at Kristi's. It was a hopping event to say the least! Thursday was work again for me, but we got a rent car for me to drive so Alan could go down and shoot guns with Dad. (Dad has some antique guns that he'd been itching to have a good excuse to take to the gun range, so off they went). He came back up after school, we loaded everything up and went to Grandmother's for dinner.

We are spending the night at mom and dad's tonight and heading to New Braunfel's tomorrow to see my aunt, uncle, and Grandma. Looking forward to a nice overnight trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment