Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saree...Finaly

Several months ago (like October!) my friend Ananth promised me a saree. His wife was coming over soon and she would be able to bring me one straight from India. She called me and asked me for my sizes and color preferences. I told her my sizes and requested purple.
In November we had an 'Indian Thanksgiving' where I (yes, that would be me!) cooked a 2o pound turkey!!! Unfortunately Ananth and his family were unable to attend due to illness. So I didn't get my saree. Since then we have been trying to work something out, but there was alway something that keeps us from getting together!
Finally, last week I asked if they would be interested in coming to my house for dinner and to teach me how to wear the saree correctly....and they did! Tonight Ananth, his wife, his daughter, Philip, and Vinoth came over for dinner. The house was clean (even the bed was made!), I cooked dinner (well - I put it in the oven), and offered dessert!!! And, as promised, they brought the saree! It is GORGEOUS! I cannot wait for the opportunity to wear it! Here are a few photos...
My new beautiful, purple saree...
Expert saree putter-onner
...isn't it stunning?!


Thanks so much Ananth and family!



No comments:

Post a Comment