Saturday, January 21, 2012

This week...

Let the record stand - I'm still a bad blogger -- but I'm trying!

Monday we were off school.  Can I tell you how wonderful it is to sleep until your body wakes up?!  Can I tell you how un-wonderful it is when you wake up at 8:30 and your husband has NO intentions of getting up?! :) 

When we finally got up we made breakfast burritos, nothing special - just eggs and onions on torillas - but yummy!  (insert bad blogger statement: I have no pictures of this).

We put on a roast and Mom, Allison, and Thomas came over for lunch.  It was the first time they'd seen the house so it was fun for them to come visit.  Thomas brought me some roses so we got to use the vase we were given as a wedding gift.  (Wedding gifts are wonderful!)  We had a great time eating, showing off our house and then watching Tom and Jerry with Thomas.  I love that kid's laugh!  (You guessed it - No pictures)  I do, however, have a picture on my phone of what I did with the flowers as they started to die. I pulled off all the petals and filled the vase with the petals (like potpourri).  As a matter of fact, I thought it looked so good that I posted it to pinterest.  They don't look nearly as pretty at day 3 - but it would be a stunning centerpiece for a wedding (and maybe cheaper since it's just petals?).  I will post it at some point.

After they left I ran a friend to the store and then Philip came over.  We sat and drank coffee and ate dinner and looked at OLD pictures (like 2003 and on).  It was fun for him to come over again and I have learned I LOVE having company -- however, I must improve at this pictre taking thing! :)

As the week progressed I worked and Alan worked on the house with our friend Jonathon.  It's almost completely painted on the outside and the final closet fixtures were hung this week along with the back storm door.  It's so fun to see it all come together!

For those who actually read this: We are still waiting on visa news.  We haven't heard anything since we did fingerprinting just after Christmas.  I had a dream (nightmare) last night that we tried to travel to Ireland but didn't have visa stuff complete.  They let us fly there, and I woke up before we came back...not fun.

We are hoping February will be the magic month, but we will see! :)

I suppose that's all I've got for this week.  I wish I could give you much more interesting information (and pictures...) but this is what I've got! 

I pray you all have a great week and are immeasurably blessed by our amazing Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment